Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Traditions

I had a date with a friend tonite that I was all excited about. Every year, we break out our culinary skills and have a cookie-a-thon full of laughs and lots and lots of eating.

Today, thing after thing got in our way so I decided to make some dough (in my new kitchen aid mixer!!!) and wait for her arrival. Bad news. 2 hours later it's a no-go and I have dough that needs to be baked.

Plan B. Try out my little munchkin's hand at baking. She's kind of short and I was pretty sure a little too young for any baking beyond slice and bake, but I gave it a try...

I got a night of pure magic. My little girl perched on her little stool telling me to "push" (the roller) and repeating "cookies! Cookies!" She was even quick to jump in pjs for the chance to continue. We made snowmen, bells, trees and gingerbread man. Most importantly, we made our first mother/daughter christmas cookie making memory. Just another reminder to store up those little moments in her tradition bank. I'm sure she'll laugh about it when she's older and I'll cherish these memories for a lifetime.





No comments:

Post a Comment