Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Puddle jumping with angels

I was lucky enough to be surrounded by wonderful women my entire childhood and each have left me with beautiful memories. I have carefully stowed these memories tight in my mind waiting to introduce my girls to these women through memories of our own. One of these wonderful women that created magic throughout my childhood was my Aunt Marg.

Aunt Marg was one of those people you would do anything to be friends with. Kind, generous and made kick ass pies. She also made kick ass memories. Tomatoes out of her garden, the birdbath in her backyard, the "boop" on your nose that I now do with my kids. But my favorite? Puddle jumping.

There's an art to puddle jumping and Aunt Marg knew it. Summer days, just after the rain stops when the water is lukewarm. Bare feet running amuck chasing every puddle in sight. These are the things memories are made of and
Sunday, I got to share them with my girls.
















No comments:

Post a Comment