Thursday, October 18, 2012

Poop

I have nothing against poop, really. I spend most of my days changing diapers and know that it is a crucial part of keeping my kids happy. So, though it's not my favorite thing in the world, I guess I'm glad to have it around. The thing I really question about poop is its timing. You see, when it comes to my kids, poop can almost be timed to the minute to the worst possible moment. In a car seat at a store, on my favorite dress, or my personal favorite...while I'm in the shower. I'm guessing this happens with your kids, too. (Humor me, please.)

Lily has to poop every time I'm in the shower. I mean it. Every time. I inevitably always have to spring from my glorious moment of peace into the cold air to place her on the potty and congratulate her while I'm dripping wet, suds in my hair. I also have to do this with a smile on my face and a "no big deal." But today, she did it by herself. I was SO proud! And said a little "thank you" prayer to God for this amazing uninterrupted shower.

Pants were back up. Toilet flushed. Everyone's happy. (I was actually ecstatic!) Until I heard the words that send chills up every Mom's spine. "Sorry, Mommy!!!" And then a "No big deal, right?"

I peeked out. Poop everywhere. Poop on the floor. Poop on the towel. Poop on her feet and poopy footprints everywhere.

All I could do was take a deep breath. I inhaled one more steamy moment in the shower and reminded myself that this, too, shall pass. (Meanwhile, I was hearing "Mommmmmeeeeee, what are you dooooiiiinnnggg?") I put on my game face, smiled my best smile and said, "no big deal." All while thinking...

I'm going to tell your prom date about this someday... And maybe all of the internet. You're welcome, Lily.

No big deal. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment