Monday, March 25, 2013

A Little Perspective

One could say I was spoiled, but not in the traditional way. I took the "forbidden", untraditional approach. I let my babies sleep with me and it worked out great for us. I know it's not for everyone, but for me it was the perfect thing. Nursing all night was "self serve" for my babies and meant great nights of sleep for all of us. Totally not the norm.

About a month ago, it was time. Time for both of us. Our cuddly experience started to head south and Addison found a new home in her crib. The funny part is that this welcomed the least amount of sleep for me. Now that she's in her crib, I get up to feed her (yes, I know I don't have to, but I do). It interrupts my sleep a lot more and even when she's in bed with me, it feels foreign and uncomfortable.

Last night, the crib wasn't quite working for her. She got up at 11. She got up at 3. By 5:30, we had both had enough and she was snuggled with me in bed. However, I couldn't sleep. It was no longer easy to sleep cuddled with her and I pouted. Until I got some perspective. I was cuddled under mounds of covers warm and snug. By baby was pretzeled around me safe and content. Whether asleep or awake, what better moment could there be? So I laid there for an hour or so watching her sleep. I stroked her hair and took it all in. How spoiled am I to have such an amazing life with amazing kids. Someday I'm going to miss this. Today, I'm taking it all in.












No comments:

Post a Comment