I didn't figure out what exact religious affiliation I want my kids to be a part of. I didn't make peace with some of the injustices in organized religion. I didn't even get over the fact that they made my little girl get naked and made her cry... and that that was the only way to make her holy...
But I did feel love. I felt love for baby girl and bigger baby girl. I felt love for my husband. I felt love for the friends and family that came to celebrate with us, especially those that travelled miles just to be there. I felt love for a God that has given me all of this and more.
And that was enough.
P.S. Addison's godmother wrote her a note promising to be there for "the long haul." And no matter what religion you are, I'm pretty sure, that is enough.
...And one more thing... Had I any doubt God was listening to me, my favorite blogger, Kelle Hampton, wrote a piece about this very thing tonite. Feel free to check it out at
http://www.kellehampton.com/2013/04/a-faith-for-my-children.html
My favorite part I'll leave you with...
"Among meaningful stories of love and kindness, there are a lot of passages in the Bible that make God out to be He Who Demands and He Who Punishes. And for fun, He Who Tests You to See How Much You Love Him. As a mother who understands a little bit about loving children, these concepts aren’t things that align with the ultimate truth of parenthood (that’s what God is, after all)—Love. "
(***And thanks for the pictures, Linds!!**)
No comments:
Post a Comment