Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Just another update...

Right now, I'm squished. Squished and so so happy. Two girls weaseled their way into my bed and are now sleeping peacefully. One with a "no Abby crib, Mama crib" and one with a few tears about going to school. So... for now they're right where they want to be... and so am I.

It seems like every day things are changing around here. Just little changes that you barely notice until you look back at pictures and realize how drastic they really are. Addison has officially become a "big girl." She is quite the talker and says phrases like "I did it!" and "Mess, Mama. Clean up mess." (and then she does!!). She wants to be like Lily and do everything herself, but still cannot be 2 feet away from Mama without a "Mama, I miss you! Snuggle!"

Lily has hit a bump in preschool. She loves it when she goes, but cries about it every night before. I only mention this to look back on it. Someday, I know I'll look back at this and smile remembering  her wanting to stay with her Mama. Today it's hard, but someday, it will be bittersweet. Once at school, however, she's flourishing. She writes all her letters, loves to do crafts and giggles when she talks about Jackson ("who's funny when he jumps up and down"). She also likes to start every sentence with "ahem" and loves to sing songs. 



Both girls love princess anything and especially love to sing the songs from "Frozen." Addison's favorite is "Do you want to build a snowman" and she sings about every 5th word. Lily belts out "Let it Go" with absolute pride and perfection. Some of my favorite moments are watching them play together. They love each other so much. Last night, while playing with her sister, Lily said, "Mommy, I'm sorry I knocked over the glass, I was just busy having so much fun." They also both love Winnie the Pooh and singing the "Up/Down" song. Do you notice a theme here? Clearly, we don't like to sing in this house!



Now, it's time for me to go back to snuggling my perfect girls. Tomorrow they'll be a day older, so I'm going to savor a few more moments of tonight.








No comments:

Post a Comment