Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chasing Fireflies

What a wonderful, wonderful day...



We started with a girls' date at the zoo and shared chit chat and cheddar popcorn in the shade. After our tummies were full, Lily wanted to go see the frog fountains. Lily is so kind-hearted and sweet that I'll admit her wishes often get overlooked to appease her gregarious little sister (love you, Abby Rose!). Today, however, we did what she wanted first and her smile on the frog melted my heart. She is such a blessing to me. Such a kind soul and the light of my life. I've never met anyone as sweet as Lily and I doubt I ever will.



After, Addy napped and Lily helped me clean. Quite the helper. She put away a ton of toys and books just to make me happy (her words) and even helped me dust. Again, she amazes me daily.

Tonite was shared with friends at the Huntington Woods Babysitting Co-op pool pizza party. We had a great time and Daddy even convinced both girls to go under water after jumping. Such a huge accomplishment. I was so proud.

I thought the best part of the day was next... shakes and slushies at Sonic. (Lily in her bathing suit and Addy naked). However, I was wrong... Nothing could compare to chasing fireflies.




Lily really truly noticed fireflies for the first time tonite. She's seen them before, but was fascinated tonite. You should have seen the look on her face when I told her we could try to catch them. So off we went... down the street. Around the yard. One girl in a bathing suit. One girl in barefoot toes and a belly. Trodding around our little part of the world. And the world stood still. For a moment while I watched.



No comments:

Post a Comment