Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sleeping Bunny


Such a sweet little bunny. I'm trying hard to always make her sleep in her crib during the week (Daddy insists on napping with her on the weekend) because it's some much needed time to regroup and it helps me be a better Mom when I can get things done... but I must admit, I do miss the cuddles and actually look forward to watching her sleep on the weekends. Lily slept especially long today, so I snuck in just to get a peek. I figured it wouldn't be the end of the world if I woke her up and the view was so sweet that I had to take some pictures.

Today was Band/Playgroup day which is always interesting. Lily tends to be a bit shy with other kids she doesn't know, so I never know what we're going to get when we go to class. I do always know, however, that once I get her going, she may be intimidated by the other kids, but never the highest slides or the fastest spinning toys. She can't walk, but boy can she climb!

After class, we ran to Costco and she sat in the cart and chatted as we shopped. It was as if she was a tour guide telling me what delicacies each and every aisle held. As soon as a stranger acknowledged her, though, she went into panic mode furiously pointing at me as if she was telling them, "my Mommy is right there and she won't let you take me." All it took, though, was a pick-up hug and all confidence was restored and in my arms, she smiled at the onlooking stranger.

Back at home, she "helped" me make veggie Margherita pizzas and we shared our lunch and a few stories (okay, more than a few stories). The dogs shared, too (the food, that is). 

We've spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy reading every story we have and eating teddy grahams. Lily feeding more to me and the dogs than getting into her own mouth. She loves it, though. Yo Gabba Gabba's on now and I figured I could get some housework done, but every time I try to get up, Lily grabs my hand and snuggles into my lap. Guess the housework will have to wait. I'd going to get all the snuggles I can get! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment