Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sometimes


Sometimes I really have to remind myself to live in the moment... To take in her smile, to kiss her little hand, to gaze back in her little eyes... Especially at nap time. Nap time is the most precious time of the day and the most rushed. I rush around begging her to go to sleep... To follow my schedule... And sometimes I miss it. I miss her chattering away about our day...even if I don't understand. I miss her smiles at me that lovingly say "I'm glad you're my mommy." Sometimes I don't quite notice her snuggled up around my arm murmuring "mom" as she goes to sleep... And sometimes, I live in the moment. Sometimes I cherish every little bit of the best part of my day. Sometimes I sacrifice dishes for a few more cuddles. And it is more than worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment