I've grown up convinced that my Mom is Martha Stewart...or better... Or maybe Martha Stewart mixed with a Rockstar. Either way, my Mom is AMAZING . Seriously. If you knew her, you'd want to be her. Homemade dumplings? She's on it. Pants for my daughter? Done. Gift card holders? Yep. Knitting? I taught her and I'm pretty sure she surpassed my "scarves only" rule in a second flat. So you won't be surprised when I tell you that having a Mom like this is the best thing ever. The bad part? Having a Mom like this makes people think you can do magic like hers... And in my case, that's not even close to true. I'm lucky if I can make a hot dog and my knitting tends to look more like Christmas tree skirts. Interested? I could start a business... My crafts always seem to fall a bit short. So when I started my latest project, I started with the same assumption I always have... The best laid plans always leave room for disaster. And disaster it was... At first. And then magically, it turned into something a little better than disaster. Not perfect, but for me, not perfect is an amazing accomplishment. So, for the first time, I really got to enjoy my little slice of the pie. My little taste of success. It might not be as great as my Mom's, but maybe I did inherit a little something... If only the love of the game. It wasn't as good as my Mom would have done, but for me, it was sweet success.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment