Monday, September 12, 2011

The Best Part of my Day

This!!!!




So, I admit it. I'm doing what I already did six months ago. Easily, I might add. Only this time it's not quite so easy.

We started the bad habit of letting Lily watch tv with us at night. Mostly out of laziness with a sprinkle of it's so cute to cuddle her splashed in there. And now, she's used to this and demands it... Along with falling asleep or almost falling asleep in the bed before being banished to the crib.

Okay. I can do this. I can break this habit.
7:30- Nice calming bath (yea, right... Not so much)
7:45- Get in PJs (or just run around the house naked squealing as your Mom chases you.)
8:15- Storytime in your room (Still no jammies, no actual reading of books, but playing on the carpet while sitting on the picturesque bed Mommy made out of pillows and blankets almost counts)
9:00- Request for milk gives Mom hope (she just might get to see the finale of Kate Plus 8, yet!!)
9:15- Snuggles with Mom on the floor.
9:20- Mom thinks she's asleep. Success! We've made it!!!

And then cue picture (once again for your viewing pleasure)






You really can't tell from the picture, but this is belly laughing at its best and the moment that I know this is the best part of my day.

While I lay on the floor next to her crib (yea, I know... Not gonna help... Let me have my pipe dream, okay?!), I think of all the things I love about this little lady...

Her laugh.
How she's one tough cookie.
When she says, "hi Mom."
Her loud voice and her whispers.
Her hugs that make me melt.
How she's so funny.
Her hand gestures.
Her many faces.
Her toes.
Her made-up words like "teet" (pacifier)- I know you wish your toddler called it that- and "non" (baby).
Her love of cats.
The way she wants to be everywhere I am.
How she arranges all her little people so perfectly.
Her stubborn streak.
Her sense of humor.
Her smile.

...and I could go on and on, but alas, my baby girl is finally asleep.

Goodnight. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment