Such a proud little girl...and excited, too! The weather warmed up to almost 60 today, so after a loooonnngggg winter, we finally got outside. Lily went wild!
The minute I told Lily she could actually step over the threshold of the door, the spot normally only crossed in the safety of Mommy's arms, she smiled from ear to ear. It got better and better. As she walked outside, it was like Christmas all over again. A slide! A swing! A picnic table!
Lily quickly mastered the rock climbing wall up to the slide...the spot she didn't even know how to pull up on when I put it out there. She beamed as she stood at the top, so proud of her accomplishment. She went down the slide and began climbing right back up it. Minutes later, she climbed to the top of the "big girl" picnic table (to Mommy's horror!!).
As if this weren't enough, I had another trick up my sleeve, a new (used) wagon. The rest of the afternoon was spent climbing in and out, working the door and riding around the block. As soon as Lily learned that standing up while moving was not allowed, she stood up over and over with a big smile each time. I couldn't help but laugh to myself...imagining a smiling girl of 16 sneaking out with the car keys.
The first day my little girl walked, climbed and played in warm spring air...a day to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment