Friday, January 20, 2012

Going to bed girl

For 3 weeks (at least), we've been in a battle of wills. Routine has moved into the Onesko household. 8:30 bedtime. No middle of the night milk. No sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed. It's all big girl bed all the time. The good news? She doesn't get out of bed. The bad news? She wails for us a million times a night from her bed.

I've tried everything. No nap. Short nap. Activity. No activity. No change. I'm tired. So tired.

So... Tonite, I gave up. It was a Lily and Mommy girl's night and I let her get in bed with me. I was done with fighting. I was done with routine. At 10pm she was literally bouncing around my bed.

10:01
Lily- "Mommy, Yiyee bed."
Me- "I'm not going to lay in there."
Lily- "Yiyee bed."
Me- "You want to go by yourself?"
Lily- "Okay, Mommy. Yiyee bed."
Me- (Thinking) "Yeah, right. Here we go again."

I took her in her room and put her in her bed. She insisted upon her PLASTIC animals in bed with her. I went and made some tea to prepare for battle.

10:15- Checked on Lily. She's...


ASLEEP!!!

I officially have a going to bed girl! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment