Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So big!

Lily peeled her first clementine all by herself yesterday and was soooo proud! (Forget the fact she won't eat them :) ).




Funny how birth order can play into our lives in the most subtle ways. Lately, we've been preparing my girl to be the oldest child. We tell her how big she is... when really I still see her as my little baby. We praise her for how helpful she is like it's an expectation when really I'm amazed every time she goes out of her way to please me. She's really eating it up, though, and making it her own. When she thought I was asleep last night, I heard her chatting. "Big head. Big hands. Big feet. So big, Yiyee!" I'm so proud of her, but a little sad, too. Don't we all want our kids to need us forever? So for now, I'm so proud of her accomplishments and "big girl" ways, but I don't mind big hugs and protecting her from the mailman either. In fact, I kinda like it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment