Monday, February 6, 2012

Stay.

"Stay!"
"Mommy, Big Hug!"
"Hugs, Mommy. Stay."

To many Moms, these phrases sound familiar. Maybe when they're about to leave their little one with a babysitter or maybe when tucking their princess in for the night. But for me, it has become a morning ritual and an afternoon revival. A plea for one more cuddle. One more snuggle. One more hug before starting (or restarting) our day. The best gift anyone could have given me. My girl's a snuggler.

From the moment she entered the world, she wanted to be held close with her little cheek nestled against mine. Her favorite way to sleep was nose to nose and I swear she'd sleep that way today if I let her. In fact, on the nights she weasels herself into our bed, I inevitably feel a little hand tugging at my face and turning it so it touches hers.



I write about this because it's been one of my greatest joys in being a mother. These daily snuggles. And I know they won't last forever...and I don't want to forget. But they're here today. And today that's what matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment